Certification and sustainable marketing of Non-Timber Forest Products (NTFPs) – Private Public Alliance (PPA)
Date of Publication:
Number of Pages:
This project aimed to increase income and employment of NTFP producers in addition to promoting sustainable resource management. It aims to do so through certification initiatives, promoting product design and development, marketing NTFPs and expanding responsible buying practices among industry members in the West.
This project successfully achieved the following:
- It increased awareness and the capacity of stakeholders from the grassroots to national levels on forest certification;
- The project promoted sustainable resource management practices and developed a group certification model for forest/NTFP certifications in Nepal;
- 11 FUGs became FSC-certified, and 5 community enterprises received FSC CoC certifications;
- The project contributed to increased incomes and employment for Nepal’s NTFP producers (specifically in remote rural areas); and
- It expanded responsible buying practices among industry members in the West.